Sunday, August 26, 2012

Self-adhesive First Day Covers

Seems my Stamp News article on the Olivia Newton-John Cancer and Wellness FDC has sparked some comments and interest in first day covers for self-adhesive stamps.

Australia Post only produces first day covers of self-adhesive stamps when the stamps are produced in a roll. If the issue consists of just a self-adhesive booklet/sheetlet, then no first day covers are produced (this is due to production issues). Some collectors, who buy one of everything from Australia Post don't seem to mind the 'gaps', but others do.

To help, I've started to put on my online shop my self-adhesive stamp FDCs. These use the actual FDC for the issue and are postmarked with the official first day of issue postmark. I have a small stock of each, and requests for others from 2011 and 2012 are welcome.

For more information visit http://stamps.chrisdehaer.com.au/shop/au2012fdc.shtml

No comments:

Post a Comment